The 2014 SWMHRA Annual Member Survey
Hello SWMHRA Members,
Below are results of the 2014 Member Survey. We conduct this survey annually to gauge member experiences/ expectations and to drive our planning for the upcoming year. In addition, we would like to highlight some of the benefits of the SWMHRA:
- We are the only HR Association in town who does not charge for the meetings and memberships, offers a website, discussion forum, regular events, Job Board, and free information, networking and referrals. Another distinguishing factor of SWMHRA is that we are local and our membership is exclusively Corporate HR focused. Our lack of vendors means more freedom for our members to be collaborative from an HR-to-HR standpoint.
- In the past year, a dozen outstanding speakers have presented a variety of HR related topics for everyone, such as: legal updates, compensation, change management, recruitment challenges and workplace violence prevention. Our free monthly meetings allow members to learn, discuss and be updated on the latest in HR. SWMHRA Members should refer to our Annual Meeting hand-out which provides a complete overview of our speakers and meeting topics.
- Many SWMHRA members have connected to new job opportunities by attending meetings, receiving job board notices, and by referrals/networking
- As part of the above, SWMHRA posts HR (and other) job opportunities on our website at no cost which helps people find jobs and companies source candidates
- The majority of our members (over 65%) are HR Managers, Directors and VPs – this makes for great networking!
- Annually we conduct a Member Survey to find out what our members need. They identify and communicate important suggestions to meet their everyday challenges
- Overall, we offer professional and personal development – ideas, knowledge, resources and networking opportunities which support and improve the Human Resources role within organizations.
As an organization, SWMHRA goals are to:
- Provide quality educational programs through SWMHRA meetings
- Offer camaraderie and networking opportunities
- Help members with day-to-day HR issues
- Allow access to resources (SWMHRA website, member directory, discussion forum, meetings, etc.)
- Promote the value and importance of the HR profession.
Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's survey!
The Southwest Metro Human Resources Association
Results of the 2014 SWMHRA Member Survey